Show submenu for Explore
Show submenu for Departments
Show submenu for STAFF
Show submenu for STUDENTS
Show submenu for PARENTS
Show submenu for SCHOOL COMMUNITY
Show submenu for QUICK LINKS
Show submenu for MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL LINKS
*** Check back frequently as some applications are updated after January 1st!
Here you will find information and features about our local scholarships: Local Scholarships
90% of all financial aid comes from the state or federal government. There is only one application for this aid. It is called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). www.fafsa.gov You will be required to create an ID number (both student and parent).
The 2020/2021 FAFSA is available now! Click HERE for more information. it is recommended you complete the FAFSA as soon as possible for maximum consideration. Latest deadline for Michigan students is March 1st.
Click HERE to access the FAFSA 4Caster to estimate your eligibility for federal financial aid. Answer a few simple questions. This will help you with your college financial planning.
Questions on the FAFSA are pretty simple except for financial information as defined on your Federal Income Tax Forms such as your “adjusted gross income” or “Federal income tax paid”. I strongly recommend using the Electronic Data Retrieval Tool to automatically enter information from your 2018 tax return.
For many families, the effort by the parent to complete this process sends an early and important message to the student that you are attempting to help them and expect that they are going to be attending some form of training after High School graduation. Family expectations are everything in getting students into post-secondary education.
Having applied for the biggest chunk of money (90%) with the FAFSA, what about the other 10% of aid? We have posted a list of other scholarships to be considered. Approximately $10,000 will be distributed through 15 various local scholarships at graduation to Gobles graduates only. Every graduate should submit an application for these scholarships.
The last 5% of the available money is offered through other sources. I have posted lists of potential scholarships. We regularly see our students receive additional money from these sources.
Mrs. Kelly Lyons
VBCEA teacher Scholarship