Special events for the week included:
- Dress up days. Students were encouraged to make this a special week by dressing up according to the schedule of daily events being held; aliens & astronauts, aviator clothing, wacky clothes, and clothing with numbers on them.
- Dome Theater Mobile Planetarium. This traveling, inflatable dome offered the wonders of Earth and the thrill of our surrounding universe. Each classroom visited the Dome Theater during the school day. The Dome Theater remained in the elementary gym for parents and others to see a 20-30 minute show and visit during the evening.
- The Aviation School at WMU was here with a mobile airplane and presentation. This was for students in Grades 3rd-5th.
- Wacky Science Assemblies. More than just whiz, bang, poof and pop, this proven show puts science in the hands of more than a dozen onstage volunteers. With a focus on science with everyday objects, Dr. Science makes the Scientific Method easy to understand. This is the only show to ever win Dow Chemical's Touch-Tech Award for excellence in hands-on science education.
- Math & Science Fair. On Thursday, October 23, we invited all parents/guardians and guests of students to join in the Math & Science Fair. In most of our classrooms, short presentations and hands-on activities were available for students and guests to participate in. Many individuals and organizations from the area agreed to volunteer their expertise and time for the benefit of our students.
- Math & Science Basket Raffles. We assembled 17 different baskets for a student raffle that took place on Friday, October 24. Students earned raffle tickets by participating in take home activities and by participating in events during the Math & Science Fair.
A special thank you to the Gobles Public Schools Foundation for supporting our Elementary Math & Science Fair and the Gobles Elementary Parents' Club for supporting the Dome Theater Planetarium.