The Gobles Public Schools Foundation would like to promote the pursuit of educational programs by the Gobles school community. Students, teachers and community members are encouraged to explore programs that are designed to challenge and expand the mind, build awareness or create new experiences in either academic or artistic venues. The Foundation is particularly interested in innovative and creative programs that provide unique opportunities for the on-going education of the students of Gobles.
The Foundation will entertain requests for a variety of programs, for example:
· special projects in science, math, language arts, social studies, art, band, technology, or community service;
· programs for gifted students;
· student scholarships for educational camps, college programs, seminars;
· faculty scholarships for special training in a topic related to their subject area or a skill that will benefit their students;
· after school or summer programs hosted by a teacher or community member for students (e.g. a finance or investment club, vocal music group, etc.).
· start-up costs for new school projects.
The Foundation will consider requests from one person or a group of people. All properly completed requests will be considered. Requests will be prioritized as follows:
· new and innovative programs over existing ones,
· current students over graduating students or alumni,
· programs that provide an opportunity to bring something back to the school community over an individual experience,
· programs that benefit many people over individual benefits.
The Foundation will not support requests for athletic endeavors, requests for on-going recurring expenses or strictly for supplies or consumables for existing school programs.
Grant money is available for a period of one year from approval by the Board.
Students, faculty members and community members are encouraged to submit an application for a grant. The Foundation Board of Directors will review grant requests based on the information provided. Applications should be as thorough, detailed and professional as possible. Requests may be denied based solely upon the lack of sufficient information.